Our Client is looking to add a Public Securities Managing Director to their New York team. This position will supervise securities balloting for large and complex restructuring matters as well as administer rights offerings performed in connection with corporate restructurings. Furthermore, the Managing Director, Public Securities will oversee the securities solicitation process from start-to-finish, work with debtors’ counsel to review documents, ensuring the mechanics of the transaction are workable for bank and brokerage firms, as well as supervise the service of notice and solicitation documents to firms or their agents. As the practice leader, the Managing Director, Public Securities will be responsible for the management and performance of the Public Securities Group, its staff, technology needs, as well all required operational pieces.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Facilitate plan distributions, treatment elections and tender and exchange offers via The Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) ATOP system
• Draft, review, and implement voting procedures utilized in cases with public securities, balloting and distribution needs.
• Provide issuer services including: investor identification, deal structure management, information agent, consents, exchange, tender and tabulation agent services, new and/or reorganized securities distribution, effective solicitation procedures including for public debt securities.
• Develop and implement solicitation procedures utilized in cases with public securities
• Review and comment on Plan of Reorganization, Disclosure Statement, and related documents where appropriate
• Provide expert witness testimony and/or attestation relating public securities services when called upon
• Manage staffing levels and utilization of the Group
• Provide strategic input on the development of technology applications required for the day to day operation of the Group
Qualities, Skills and Traits Required:
• Ambitious, self-motivated, enthusiastic, industrious, and hardworking. Feels a sense of urgency and embraces success.
• Possesses the highest of ethical standards
• Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication skills along with great presentation skills
• Demonstrates a capacity to drive projects, direct others and advise executives on the implementation of sound business solutions.
• Innovative problem solving skills; the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• A bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred. Ideally in the field of finance, business, or economics
• 15+ years of experience in the Restructuring and/or Public Securities market
• Deep understanding of the Corporate Restructuring environment – specifically, turnarounds, corporate bankruptcies, pre-arranged and pre-packaged bankruptcies
• Strong database of existing contacts and relationships in the Corporate Restructuring market
• Sophisticated negotiation skills with both internal and external groups, in a direct yet diplomatic way, gaining the trust and buy-in of other parties
• Strategic financial qualifications such as financial modeling a plus
The Company offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.Read More Read Less