Our Client, a boutique alternative lender based in Southern California, is looking for a Managing Director to build an east coast presence for the team.
Summary of Position
The Managing Director, East Coast, will be responsible for building an east coast office for our boutique alternative lending business. The MD will open our east coast office with the dual goals of originating new opportunities and recruiting difference making talent once initial targets are met. The Managing Director will also play in a critical role in credit decisions.
Position is a full-time role that will report to Head of Originations and CEO. Candidate should be based in North East and will spend time initially in the Los Angeles office integrating with teammates and understanding the company strategy.
• Create a comprehensive east coast originations strategy to build brand and product awareness with the ABL, commercial banking and investment banking community.
• Identify opportunities, develop and maintain relationships with bank and non-bank senior lenders.
• Cover major money center regions and build senior level relationships with BDOs, team leaders, relationship/portfolio managers and special assets executives.
• Develop business opportunities by executing on SG Credit strategy of building relationships with ABLs and banks to ensure we are their first phone call.
• Attend industry conferences and events to increase contacts/touchpoints/connections and drive new business opportunities.
• Senior leadership on East Coast deal related matters.
• Develop and maintain list of prospects and clients and provide reports on a regular basis. Monitor contacts and touchpoints.
• Participate in weekly team meetings to coordinate and strategize on new business opportunities, client meetings, marketing opportunities, and business development growth.
• Solicit feedback on and monitor competitive services, branding and marketing approaches.
• Exceed annual sales revenue quotas and service objectives as detailed by CEO and Head of Originations.
• 15+ years of proven experience and leadership in turnaround consulting.
• Business development experience in the turnaround consulting or banking space.
• A sizeable network of ABL and bank contacts.
• Must have demonstrated leadership, team building and management skills in order to recruit and manage a team.
• Must be able to work independently at times and demonstrate initiative and manage individual daily activities.
• Must be able to articulate company’s value proposition and conduct presentations to senior professionals in a compelling and persuasive manner.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to successfully navigate business development opportunities.
• Deep understanding of financial accounting processes and procedures, financial reporting, financial planning and liquidity management.
• Ten or more years of combined finance/accounting and turnaround consulting experience preferred. Ideal experience may include restructuring or turnaround experience, lender workouts or restructuring and securities law.
• Significant professional experience in the lower middle market. Company clients are typically $10-100M of revenue and $0-5M of EBITDA.
• Excellent verbal and written skills and strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to travel as necessary. Up to 50% of the time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.