Finance Transformation Director
Our Client, a leading international consulting firm, is looking to add a Finance Transformation Director to their Restructuring team in New York.
In this critical role, you will lead large, complex client engagements focused on transforming finance systems and processes. Identify gaps in capability and implement solutions that increase functionality, reliability and improve client efficiencies. Guide clients’ senior finance executives to develop a vision aligned with company business goals. The role will include re-designing finance processes, organization, service delivery model, management reporting and systems.
• Envision and execute the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals. Identify and execute on Quickstrike opportunities.
• Develop a Finance Transformation strategy: assess client’s business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnose the root problems, recommend an approach. Analyze situations/data, provide in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Implement and execute structured decision-making. Act independently to determine best possible methods and procedures to deliver against assignments
• Engender relationships and facilitate contact with C-level clients. Architect enterprise transformations with the CFO as the architect of business value.
• Translate potential opportunities into quantified savings. Refine and optimize the CFO’s ability to organize and analyze financial, operational and external information to create substantial shareholder value.
• Help clients improve their ability to drive business outcomes. Articulate the value proposition and business case for finance solutions
• Manage engagement risk, project economics. Define deliverable content, ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
• Additional responsibilities as identified.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, IT or a related major preferred. Advanced degree/MBA is a plus.
• Well developed understanding of financial accounting processes and procedures, financial reporting, financial planning and liquidity management.
• Ten or more years of combined finance/accounting and strategic consulting experience preferred. Ideal experience may include significant project management as well as business, practice, and people development
• Broad understanding of the use of enterprise systems in large organizations, along with emerging trends and advancements in technology
• Knowledge of ERP technologies including SAP / Oracle/ JDA, business intelligence reporting solutions (OBIEE, Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects, etc.) and planning technologies (BPC, Hyperion, Anaplan etc.) preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to “command the room” in a way that enables “selling” solutions to C-Suite executives, PE firm partners and others who may provide opportunities to us.
• Ability to negotiate, educate and influence, especially when working with senior level clients.
• Superior problem-solving skills, including strategic thinking, focus on achieving outstanding outcome for clients.
• Effective mentor, adviser, and coach to TRS and Digital members of the AlixPartners project team along with client team personnel. Instill and model personal respect, commitment, and professionalism in all interactions.
• Ability to travel 80-100%
• Expertise in one or more of these areas:
o Finance Strategy (finance capability assessment, CFO onboarding, finance visioning and road map development, capital allocation strategy, finance cost reduction, finance competency and organization design)
o Tax, treasury, investor relations, FP&A (planning, budgeting and forecasting, performance score carding, management reporting, finance information strategy processes, key performance indicator (KPI) design)
o Finance Operations (Process automation strategy for order to cash, procure to pay, record to report, close, consolidate, report, etc.; finance controllership; corporate governance; capital productivity
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.